Undistort Pixels

Ask questions on using Emgu CV with VB
surjer

Undistort Pixels

Post by surjer » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:36 am

I am looking for a good example (EMGU 3.1) for undistorting images. In the long run I will need to be able to create the calibrations and then read/write them and display undistorted images but for now, I figured I would start by trying to find a sample somewhere. Maybe I am blind as a bat and I apologize if the sample is right in front of my face...

surjer

Re: Undistort Pixels

Post by surjer » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:00 am

Well, I was able to get the calibrations working the way I want them to using 3.1. Now I just need to figure out how to save the calibration data out so I can reuse the calibrations later. Looks like the calibration parameters are stored in two seperate MAT's. (_cameraMatrix, and _distCoeffs). Looks like they have a save method but that is to save out an image. Hmm....

rsmith

Re: Undistort Pixels

Post by rsmith » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:45 am

Did you ever figure out how to save the calibration data?

Also, while I have the calibration tool running, I have not had a good result. Do you have any hints or tips?

Thanks

buldoggs

Undistort Pixels

Post by buldoggs » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:17 pm

I kinda figured that but can't figure a easy way to identify the pixels or halite the pixels to identify what numbers need attached to the sub model.

Michaelgrawl

Undistort Pixels

Post by Michaelgrawl » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:21 pm

It depends on your monitor size and resolution.

A 21 monitor has bigger pixels than 19 monitor, if they are using the same resolution.
Sport nutrition here: https://www.sportzfuel.com/

veitterirl

Undistort Pixels

Post by veitterirl » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:33 pm

Hey, As you may see my avatar looks very weird because its shrinked down to 100 pixels which is the maximum I can upload to the forum.

But other users have very clear and sharp looking avatars. How did you do this?