Help lib files and No dll files after installation

Ask questions for installation
remuslupin

Help lib files and No dll files after installation

Post by remuslupin » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:33 am

Hi
I have downloaded and installed "libemgucv-windows-universal-3.0.0.2157".
I cannot find opencv_core300.dll or opencv_imgproc300.dll anywhere in my hard drive.
but I have opencv_core300.lib and opencv_imgproc300.lib though.
can anyone help me?
thank you

Chris_Johnson

Re: Help lib files and No dll files after installation

Post by Chris_Johnson » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:44 pm

Hi remuslupin,

I split your question into a new thread to answer it. You might need to rebuild the dll which can be done by opening the VS project located:

...EMGU Installation directory....\Solution\VS2010_2012

then building this using F6 or menu options. This should put the dlls in the bin directory.

An alternative or if this fails is to download the zipped version and extract these to the same or different location this will include the libraries in the Bin folder as expected.

Cheers,
Chris

RetroHelix

Post by RetroHelix » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:25 am

Hi,
I have the same problem. I build every solution under ..\Solution\VS2010-2015\ successfully but none of the dlls like opencv_core220.dll or opencv_imgproc220.dll gets created.

The samples are running fine but when I create my own, very simple project I get an System.TypeInitializationException when trying to load an image with Image<Bgr, Byte> img = new Image<Bgr, byte>("e:\\test.png");

Do I have to download and build another version of Emgu CV?

EDIT:
I'm sorry. After reading the manual :D I fixed the problem by doing what was written under http://www.emgu.com/wiki/index.php/Down ... e_Examples
Open CV unmanaged dll
Universal Package

For the new universal packages (packages that contains the word "-universal" in the package name): Copy the "x86" and "x64" folder, along with the DLLs inside those folder to the folder of the executable. The universal package is able to load the unmanaged binary from the "x86" folder when running in 32bit mode, and load the unmanaged binary from the "x64" folder when running in 64bit-mode.

Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:17 pm

I followed the directions from previous posts, but still have the same problem.

The x64 folder doesn't have any dlls in it, so I can't copy them anywhere. It has a bunch of lib folders in it, but no dlls.

When I find them, the directions say to copy them "to the folder of the executable". I assume that means the output folder for the project (i.e. usually bin/debug or bin/release

I'm using emgu 3.0, Windows 10, 64 bit, and Visual Studio 2013.

Thanks.

Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:10 pm

To try to narrow the focus of my problem, I want to elaborate a bit. I am trying to work through examples in the book Emgu CV Essentials. I downloaded the install file and ran it. I also compiled the Emgu.CV solution, and the Emgu.CV.Example solution.

The book tells me to look for a file called opencv_core249.dll. The book was written based on Emgu version 2.4.9, so I assume I should be looking for opencv_core300.dll. Well, I can't find it. It isn't in any of the directories that were installed with Emgu, and it isn't in any of the output directories of the two solutions that were compiled. I do have an opencv_core300.lib. In the output directories of the emgu.cv solution, (i.e. in the bin folder), I have several emgu.cv.*.dll files. (e.g. emgu.cv.cuda.dll), and several example exes (such as example.HelloWorld.exe). However, the dll files that the book refers to that begin with opencv_ are nowhere to be seen. They also didn't appear when I extracted the Zipped version of the files that I downloaded from the site.

Are they still needed? I can't compile my code as it is. I'm trying to enter a call to CVInvoke.cvNamedWindow, and it recognizes CVInvoke, but not cvNamedWindow. Intellisense provides CVInvoke.cvGetMat as a possibility, but not cvNamedWindow.

Thanks for any help.

voiceafx

Post by voiceafx » Mon May 09, 2016 12:53 pm

Any resolution to this? Sorry for the thread resurrection, but I'm trying to get this working and I can't find the DLLs.

I'm also using VS2012, since I'm utilizing libraries from PointGrey that don't support anything newer, so I can't open the solution files and build them (2013 - 2015 only). Yayy! So I can't build the project to get the DLLs, and they are inaccessible in the .zip file download.

reddy9pp

Post by reddy9pp » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:17 am

Hello,

Did you find solution to this issue? Please help