Emgu.CV.extern.dll not found usb-debugging with mobile device

Post your Android related questions here.
cyper

Emgu.CV.extern.dll not found usb-debugging with mobile device

Post by cyper » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:39 am

Hello everybody!
I'm new here so sorry if the same topic already exist.

I recently started to develop an application with emgu for android.
I'm using Xamarin.Forms and C# in addition. As long as i start debugging at my pc there arent any issues, but as soon i'm starting usb-debugging at an mobile device the following exception pops up.

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Emgu.CV.UMatInvoke' threw an exception. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Emgu.CV.CvInvoke' threw an exception. ---> System.DllNotFoundException: cvextern

What can i do to solve this problem or is it only possible to debug an application via USB if i buy a licence. I have already checked if there are any issues with my Emgu.CV.World.Android.dll but there isn't anything and the dll is in correct directory.

Sorry for this broken english. I'm not used to it.

canming
Site Admin

Re: Emgu.CV.extern.dll not found usb-debugging with mobile device

Post by canming » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:45 am

Please make sure your compilation target is set to Android and have the "Emgu.CV" and "Emgu.Util" shared projects referenced from the Emgu CV for Android Commercial release.

When your project targets Android devices, it should look for "cvextern.so" file, not the "cvextern.dll" file.

Please also let me know the name of the package you are using. If you are using one of the evaluation copy, it is possible that the evaluation copy only supports "x86" architecture, and will fail with the specific error when deployed to physical android device (using "arm" architecture). Only the full commercial release supports "arm" architecture for Android.

Best regards,

Canming