Tesseract Issues

Post your iOS related question here.
david.a.angel

Tesseract Issues

Post by david.a.angel » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:18 pm

Hi canming,
I purchased a license so I can incorporate the image processing performance of Emgu.cv into my existing OCR project. I've been able to implement what I needed to in terms of image processing however when I import the Emgu.cv library into my already existing project I get several "duplicate symbol" compile errors all related to Tesseract. I already have a version of a Tesseract Library that I am satisfied with and would rather not re-write all the Tesseract code using Emgu.CV's version of Tesseract.
However, I did try incorporating Emgu.CV's version of Tesseract and it has been a complete nightmare. I've tried every way imaginable to get the results from the Emgu.CV tesseract and nothing works, regardless of the what or how I use the Tesseract.SetImage() method. It's not a difficult process so I don't understand where I am going wrong. To my knowledge you call Tesseract.Init(path, lang, mode), the internet and blogs show that even this process has bugs in it, but I've managed to get it to initialize. Then Tesseract.SetImage()<-----I've passed it every variation of Pix, Mat, Image<> etc... imaginable and it never works. Then you call Tesseract.Recognize() which always comes back with no result as the SetImage method isn't working. I dont know what is happening with your version of Tesseract but it is a complete disaster and I cant find any useful information on how to go about fixing the problem.
Is there a way I can use Emgu.CV library excluding its Tesseract so it will compile with my already functioning project?

canming
Site Admin

Re: Tesseract Issues

Post by canming » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:11 pm

Hi David,

There is a new 3.4.3 iOS release which enables "SmartLinking" for iOS projects. It may be able to resolve your issues, where you can keep using your other tesseract library and the duplicate symbol compile issue could disappear. Please log into the commercial release download session to give it a try.

Best regards,

Canming

david.a.angel

Re: Tesseract Issues

Post by david.a.angel » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:47 pm

Appreciate you reaching out canming.
I apologize if i came across with an agressive tone. I was under the gun and up against a deadline. I ended up getting everything to work out using the existing Tesseract in the Emgu.CV library.
Again,
I appreciate you taking the time to reach out.
David.