Crash on iOS device with CvInvoke.Inpaint

Post your iOS related question here.
aerion

Crash on iOS device with CvInvoke.Inpaint

Post by aerion » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:25 am

I recently purchased the Xamarin component after using a trial version on a device. I'm building an app from existing code provided by a client to assemble an image from a photo and some other pre-defined images and masks. Part of this process loads up a mask and uses Inpaint to fill in an area defined by the mask. On Android the code works perfectly. On the iOS simulator, it seems to have trouble with transparency in loaded pngs, but I wanted to run it on a device (a 5th gen iPod touch running iOS 9.3.5) and it is crashing at the following line of code:

Code: Select all

CvInvoke.Inpaint(background, vehicleSilhouetteMask, background, 4, InpaintType.Telea);
As I'm running it in the debugger, it doesn't seem to be throwing an exception, the app just crashes at that point. There doesn't appear to be any output from the app either. I just step over that line of code and the app ends.
What can I do about this? How can I even get more information to figure out what could be causing the issue and work around it?